Advertisement

It seems that there are a million different diets these days. However, in the midst of this ocean of information, a new diet has risen to the top of popular. We're talking about the amazingly simple, but efficient 80/20 diet. So, what's this amazing dieting plan and how does it work? Well, the basic principles of this diet are very simple. 80% of the time, you have to pay attention to what you eat. The other 20% is for indulging in things that may be unhealthy. Why is this so effective? For starters, it solidifies the notion of balance and its significance. It gives you both what you need and what you like. Not many diets offer that.

 

Advertisement

1. Be meticulous and calculate

Many people fall into the trap of overestimating exactly how much is 20% of their daily consumption. You cannot estimate or make wild guesses. The 80/20 doesn't only make you slimmer; it teaches you an important lesson. By following it, you become much more attentive to details. You have to track every calorie and make plans for the day. This organizing pattern will keep you from overindulging and derailing your plans. It will be boring and hard in the beginning, but it becomes easy with time.

Advertisement

More on Facty Health

Disclaimer

This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.