When it comes to poisonous materials, lead is one metal you don't want anywhere near you, let alone inside your body. Lead is a highly toxic material that can even be fatal in large doses. Even small amounts of lead can have devastating effects that can potentially last a lifetime, including organ damage. Lead can affect both the brain and other essential parts of the body. Just like mercury, you should immediately seek medical attention if you get into contact or digest lead. Find out the effects of lead poisoning.
Consuming lead can have dangerous effects on blood because it limits red blood cell's ability to carry oxygen. Anemia is a condition where the blood doesn't contain enough hemoglobin which is vital to supply the body with nutrients and minerals. Lead can compromise hemoglobin production and distribution, therefore causing a range of symptoms to develop include weakness and pale skin. In severe cases, anemia can prove fatal, so it's crucial to ensure hemoglobin levels stay at average values. To test for hemoglobin, you can get a blood test at home or the hospital. Results are nearly immediate.
This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional.